Saturday, May 25, 2013
Tuesday, May 14, 2013
* Survive the over 3 hour long graduation ceremony--congratulations to my future brother in law!
* Meet my future brother in law's lovely family and hang out a little.
* Visit the beautiful Nashville Parthenon--a full scale replica of the real one. Awesome!
* Visit a cool ini-coffee shop called "The Frothy Monkey" for a great cup of java and a lovely cheese and fruit platter snack.
*Have some good visiting time with my wonderful great aunt and uncle who also put my mother and I up for the two nights we were there.
* Drive by Graceland and visit a tacky Elvis memorabilia gift shop. Who knew that Elvis was a black belt in karate?
* Get lost in Texarkana and drive home via Louisiana--the road less traveled to be sure!
This afternoon Mary and I sorted through some of the stuff we had in storage here, and then tonight I started the embellishing of my bridesmaid dress. Just less than three weeks to go till the big day now!
Saturday, May 4, 2013
Lemon meringue pie from scratch—a summer favorite around here!
Going to the lake on a beautiful day with wildflowers lining the highway.
Enjoying the lake despite the wind and low temperatures!
And walking through a magical Cyprus grove—these trees are so beautiful!
I love my state in the spring!