Monday, February 5, 2018

Life is sure full of interesting sometimes...

So, as I write this, I am currently without a working toilet in my house because over the last 8 years roots have taken over my soak-away system to the point where nothing was going down anymore. A valiant crew of plumbers worked all morning on it, and had started to make a little headway apparently, but it's going to be a huge job to get it all sorted out. So, until then, I'm trekking to the guest block to answer the call of nature. I'm really praying it is only another day or two--who knew how beautiful flushing toilets really were?

My infected toe is improving a bit with my regimen of saltwater soaks and antibiotic ointment. It doesn't hurt as much to walk around, and so I'm optimistic and praying that it will soon clear up. Having spent several years suffering from toe issues, I'm being aggressive now!

On Sunday I did something I haven't done for 12 years--rode a bike. I'm trying to find a form of exercise that won't strain my tendinitis, and so I went into the bike shed and found the biggest bike I could. Sadly, it was still rather too small for me, so the strain on certain muscle groups was pretty intense. I thought I might die before I made it back down the long end of the airstrip, but I didn't fall off which I had sort of been afraid I would, and I got a good work out! Today my ankle has been sorer than usual, so I stuck with housecleaning as my cardio. There was quite a bit of dirt tracked in by the plumbing rescue squad...

Parting shot: One of my favorite projects to do with my kids is these mobiles that remember the good things from the year past and set some goals for this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment