Thursday, May 9, 2019

Last Newsletter, May 2019

Dear Friends and Family,

I haven’t written a lot lately for various reasons, but I wanted to send one last update to close out my Sakeji story and introduce my new chapter. It’s been an interesting few months as I’ve worked (and continue to work!) through the process of reentry; there are lots of parts that had to come together, and there has been a lot of waiting on the Lord’s timing. While waiting is never easy, I know that this slower season was a gift of the rest and healing I needed before I was ready to start my next adventure. Nine years is a lot of life, and while my experiences at Sakeji absolutely shaped and prepared me for my next adventure, there are also some things that need working and praying through as I look forward to the future.

There have been so many things to be thankful for in this season of life. Several people have been very helpful in suggesting job opportunities and helping me make connections. Another thing that has been very helpful for this season of life is getting to spend time worshiping at One Hope Presbyterian Church here in my hometown. Getting to sit under the excellent teaching and participate in the thoughtful worship has been very refreshing and encouraging; God knew what He was doing to lead me here at this time. And, perhaps most importantly, I have had the time to seek Christian counseling for help and Biblical perspective in this season of change. Yet again I can see the hand of God in my life moving things so that I would be ready to hear and engage with some hard truths; I am so thankful for the wisdom and input I have received through these sessions. All these things have been coming together to prepare me for my next adventure.

A dream I have had for a long time is to be a part of a classical Christian school; a school that is intentional about academic excellence, focused on training minds how to think critically, and searching for God’s revealed truth, goodness, and beauty in creation and the rich legacy of human history. After many applications, a few interviews, and much prayer, I am very excited to announce that I will be joining the amazing team of teachers at Regents Academy in Nacogdoches, Texas this fall! Because Nacogdoches is so close I have been and will be continuing to spend some time getting to know the faculty, students, and school before I officially start teaching in August. Also, as a part of my preparation for jumping into this big role, I’ll be attending the Association of Classical Christian Schools conference in June this year. While next year is going to be challenging on several levels, I am looking forward to growing as a teacher, building new relationships, establishing my first home here in the States, and for the opportunities that this new area of service will provide. God is so good!

Thank you so much for your support over these last nine years; it has truly been an incredible experience in which I have learned a lot about myself, about what is important, being a teacher, and my God. I suspect that those nine years were often far more about refining my character than they were about what I was doing, but I also know that there were lives impacted at Sakeji other than my own! As I move forward, I hope I’ll get to see and visit with many of you in person, and that from my experiences I can be a better and more compassionate encourager of others as they serve the Lord in their various callings.

May God bless you richly for your support and kindness to me, and may we not grow weary of doing good wherever we are called,

~LB

No comments:

Post a Comment