Saturday, October 3, 2009

I have successfully finished my fourth week of student teaching--I'm a third of the way through already! This Friday was Family Day at Trinity, and the lower school gave a wonderful performance for their parents. I was so proud of my kids and also very thankful that everything went so well. After all that preparation its always wonderful to be able to relax again!

This week I will be adding the 1st graders to the 2nd grade, 2 year old and 3 year old classes I'm already teaching. In just two weeks I'll have everyone from 2 years old to 3rd grade--scary thought! While I love my EC kids, I don't think I will ever be an EC teacher. I hope transitioning to working with older kids won't be a problem...

The container option for getting some of my books and larger things to Zambia has fallen through, so I am starting to explore other options. I also need to work on getting a Police Clearance Certificate or a suitable equivalent for my work permit. I'm hoping what I have from Mobberly will work, but if not, then I will need to get a hold of the proper paperwork.

I'm sending out my newsletter this weekend--I finally had a chance to sit down and work on the mailing list. If I missed anyone, please let me know and I'll put you on the list.

I can't believe that in just three months, Lord willing, I'll be leaving for Sakeji!

No comments:

Post a Comment