Sunday, October 11, 2009

Week 5--DONE!

I can hardly believe that next week marks the halfway point in my student teaching experience. This was a good week--I added the first grade classes which are quite challenging, but I need all the practice with classroom management I can get! Who knew I needed to find my inner 'mean teacher?'

I've started to research airline tickets, and it appears that getting a round trip ticket will actually work out a little cheaper in the long run. Of course I won't use the second ticket--perhaps I can get some kind of credit or refund...

Next week I have Monday off (thank you Columbus!) and Tuesday is my first inservice day. Mrs. Stone and I decided that the proper way to celebrate Columbus day involved sleeping in! I'm a little nervous because my first formal observation is the day the kids get back--lets hope the first graders aren't too hyper and energetic that day! I hope I will be able to show that I've improved since that first visit...

2 comments:

  1. Just checking to see that the comments are working at last!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Job Lina! Releasing your inner mean teacher is a big step! :-D I was excited for you to read about your commendation service. We are praying for God to use you mightily in his kingdom work!

    ReplyDelete