Saturday, December 12, 2009

A huge sigh of relief...

...yet there is so much left to do!

Last night was La Posada--Trinity's Christmas program for EC through 3rd grade. I accompanied for it and was very nervous about it, but all went well and it was a lovely service. I'm so proud of my kids! There are COLLEGE students who couldn't have carried out that complex a sequence of events! While there is huge relief that La Posada isn't hanging over my head anymore, there is also the sadness of knowing that I will quite likely never see any of those kids again until (hopefully!) I'll meet most of them in heaven.

One of the fifth graders who I have been helping teach piano to gave me this:
Photobucket
Isn't it beautiful? I'll be sure to pack that extra carefully because of course its going with me!
Photobucket

This is a gingerperson that one of my second graders did. The funny part is that she made it to look like me! See the bangs and the braid?
Photobucket
When I asked her what the big "E" was for, she said, "Oh, I just wanted to name her Elisabeth." The interesting thing is that is my middle name! I had never told the kids that--to them I'm just Miss B-.

Here are a few pictures I took of the 2 year old class--I only remembered my camera one day (I know, I know, I'll do better at Sakeji!) and two year olds tend to move erratically so most of them are rather blurry, but here they are doing a rhythm stick activity-
Photobucket
And then several pictures of them moving to the music-
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I can't believe its almost time for me to leave! I've been doing a lot of sorting and shuffling things around as well as starting to put things in my bins and making some hard decisions. Please pray that I make wise choices in what to bring, that I have the energy to keep going till the job is done, and that all the little details that still need to be taken care of are resolved. Ha, I WOULD choose to go overseas the first time I moved... 14 more days until Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, they're all so cute!

    I shall be praying. Clean for your life! :)

    ReplyDelete