Thursday, April 12, 2012

So... Plan E...

Well, there is some good news, and some bad news.

The good news is that I passed my drivers test!

The bad news is that because of their burocracy, I had to come back down to Lusaka after going up to Kitwe for a dentist appointment, and tomorrow I'm praying that I'll be able to finish the process. I'm so ready to be home--we were supposed to reach Sakeji tonight, but it's looking like it won't be till Saturday now. I think God is teaching me some patience through the Zed factor...

My dental appointment today was, shall we say, interesting. My broken tooth was bad--really bad, and when I saw the damage in the mirror my heart quailed a little. Then proceeded an x-ray, and an excruciatingly painful cleaning it out enough to dress so we can see how bad the damage is. My nerve was exposed (figured it must be!), and since she didn't numb me at first so she could see the extent of the damage, I was gripping the arm of the chair pretty hard. The worst part was that I have been so stressed over the last few days, that when I started crying over the pain, I couldn't stop! The dentist was very nice to me and once the aesthetic took over I was fine. Now I'm faced with the choice of saving the tooth at great personal inconvenience and cost, or just having it yanked out. Sometimes living so far out in the bush is a real hassle!

Well, tomorrow I face RTSA again to try and finish my license--it's a good thing that I serve a God of miracles!

No comments:

Post a Comment