Thursday, June 21, 2012

Still alive...just very tired

Just a quick note to say that

A. I am alive!

B. I had a fairly nice half-term--I didn't get as much as I wanted to accomplish done, but it was a nice break from the classroom.

C. My puppy is growing very fast--she might be a bigger dog than anticipated!

D. It is very dry here. So dry, that I have had to resort to Vaseline for the first time to heal a big crack under one of my toes. Nasty stuff, but it gets the job done... I don't intend to go whole hog and start smearing it in my part though...

E. The end of term is racing up like a tidal wave--I'm trying to get all the way up on my board before it comes crashing down.

F. The kingfishers outside the hall make me happy.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lina,
    After working outside in the heat yesterday I, too am tired. A good nights sleep did some help to recover but I think a nap is in my future today. I'm glad to hear that your puppy is doing well. I don't think we realize here how important a companion dog is where you are. Some winters, when it gets dry, I'll use a product called "Bag Balm" to help healing on my cracked feet. Aquaphor works well, too but I don't think you'll be finding either where you are. "Bag Balm" was originally developed for cows udders but farmers soon found that it worked on their hands pretty well.
    The hummingbirds here are going through a quart of syrup every couple of days. They are non stop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lina: Good to hear from you. Glad you are alive !!Ha Had to chuckel at Mr. Wolf's Bag Balm. I bought some in DC a few years ago when I was having trouble with dry heals. Hope the next term goes by swifter for you. Yes, a break from stress is good for everyone. Love you Honey, gw

    ReplyDelete