Saturday, March 1, 2014

Limping!

This last week was pretty uneventful, and I wasn't sure what I was going to write about until something unfortunate happened yesterday afternoon.

I slipped on a wet stone on my walkway and took a good ol' fashion fall. The books I was carrying went flying, and I got to pick myself up and hope the guys up by the shop hadn't seen me. At the time my right foot (on which I had fallen awkwardly) hurt a little, but as stumbling or mis-stepping are fairly frequent occurrences for me I didn't think much of it. I taught my two classes, did clean-up and prep, and was starting to think about going on my usual Friday afternoon walk. However, on the way home from upper school I realized that something was seriously wrong. By super time it was a pretty hard, painful limp to the dining hall. Other staff graciously pitched in and took my dish duty for me, and then the school nurse came over and checked my foot and brought me crutches should I need them. Nothing is broken, it's just pretty sore. So, I'll be limping around for a few days until this heals. I'm hoping for a quick recovery--my feet need to take me lots of places in the next few days! I was really touched when one of my students gave me a belated Valentine's gift this morning of a purple gel pen and the ultimate expression of love here at upper school--some sticks of pencil lead. These kids can be so sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment