Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Good Pain

Yesterday I had my first professional massage as the next big step in my shoulder treatment. I had a big knot that needed to be worked out, and I wanted it done by someone who knew what they were doing. While it was a very enjoyable experience overall, there were more than a few excruciating moments while the damage of almost two years was being worked out. I'm still pretty sore today, but hopeful that this will be a big step forward in healing and recovery. I'm taking some medication short term to help with the inflammation, and will be looking up some stretches my doctor suggested to help prevent things from getting this bad again. While it almost seems presumptuous to talk about my non-debilitating injury as chronic pain, it has affected my life almost every day for almost two years, and I am so ready for it to stop. I am also thankful that it doesn't require surgery, and that I have this time to get it sorted out. Also, I had some standard blood tests run when I last say the doctor, and they all came back normal. So, things are looking up!

This past weekend my friend from Delaware came to visit me for a few days. There is pretty much no photographic evidence of our time together, but we each painted a tile at The Mud Hut, we spun on my new spinning wheel together, we talked and laughed A LOT, and we may have spent more than we planned to at Half-Price Books in Dallas. I am so thankful for the time she gave me in the midst of her busy schedule, and so enjoyed a few more days with her. There are many things I miss when I'm overseas, but the hardest are the people I love.

After a few rest days, I'm heading out mid-week for another trip this week. I'll have a few days to catch my breath, and then I'm off once again for a little over a week. It still amazes me how easy travel is in the States. Nothing like living in the bush for a few years to give you a new appreciation for simple things like gas stations and road signs!

No comments:

Post a Comment