Sunday, May 14, 2017

May 2017 Newsletter

Dear Friends and Family,

I know it’s been awhile, and a lot has happened since I wrote you last! I am back in Zambia after a wonderful, but very busy five months in the US on a much needed furlough. During those five months I made trips to Colorado, Tennessee, Georgia, Delaware, Indiana, Montana, and Canada. I got to go up Pike’s Peak, see Niagara Falls from both sides, and see the Liberty Bell. I had the opportunity to visit with many dear friends and family members, and I was able to find some much needed supplies to bring back to Zambia. I was able to get my shoulder seen to, attend a cousin’s wedding, and finally meet some dear saints who have been sending my supplies in container boxes for the last few years. I had to spend the night in an airport food court after a series of canceled flights, and had the opportunity to do some substitute teaching at a local Christian school. Yes, it was a very busy five months, but it was also a very wonderful five months.

There has been a lot of paper work I needed to do in the last two weeks, and the Lord has given great help. Before heading back up to Sakeji I was able to get my NRC (National Registration Card) so that I can continue the process of registering to teach in Zambia with the ECZ.


I also had to make a visit to immigration in Ikelenge to get my work permit extension stamped into my passport and certified copies made of my documents last week. Thankfully I was able to find the immigration officer, and get those items taken care of. Also, while I was in the States I took the Generalist 4-8 exam and passed it, so I have now added that qualification to my teachers certification. It is a relief to have all those details taken care of—now I should be fine for the next year and a half!

Once I got back up to the school, I had two and a half days to prepare for second term. This whole first week has been pretty intense; picking up old routines, figuring out where things are, evaluating what was accomplished during term 1. I have 11 6th graders to get to know, and 10 7th graders to continue a relationship with. The days continue to be long, but it is good to be back in my own classroom. This term will certainly have its challenges, but I also look forward to having a chance to impact these young lives.

As I go into this new term at Sakeji, here are some specific things you can pray for. Firstly, please pray for me and for wisdom as I settle back into all my routines and responsibilities. Secondly, a praise that my shoulder is much better after some medication and two massages, but prayer that I will be able to manage it wisely and keep it from getting so bad again. Thirdly, pray that I will know the Lord’s will very clearly over these next few months, and that I will be quick to obey His voice.

Thank you so much to all of your who pray for me, and particularly all the people who encouraged me, listened to me, and treated me to some North American luxuries while I was home. Without your support and prayers, I could not continue to serve. Thank you, and may the Lord bless you richly for your kindness to me.

May we be found faithful, wherever we are called to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment