Saturday, July 29, 2017

Term 2, 2017 is OVER!

Sorry I missed a week; it’s been rather intense this last week of school. I spent most of last weekend marking and working on report cards, and as I expected normal school assignments from my kids right up to after prep on Thursday, I’ve had my hands pretty full. So, here’s the highlights!

• I had 10 interviews with my student’s parents

• I got to watch four of my grade 6 students obey the Lord in baptism

• I caught the second half of the Annual General Meeting (AGM) and was relieved that something that has been troubling me all term was addressed

• I helped serve chicken to the parents and siblings at supper

• I squeezed all the papers due me out of my students; whether it was complete or not is another story that I’m just finding out…

• We had a small leavers party for my 6th grade twins; they will be moving to a new school next term. We’re going to miss those smiles!

• Supervised the glorious task of clearing out the desks and straightening the classroom for the holiday

And of course there were countless ends to tie up and fire to put out as we worked through the details of ending a school term. Now, I’m really looking forward to taking a few good naps! I will be traveling next week for a shopping/get off station trip, so I’m looking forward to having some time away. I’m also looking forward to having some time to work in my house, rest, and regroup for third term. It’s such a treat to have the time to do my own dishes and make my own meals.

Parting shot: When you realize that these ARE your monkeys…and it is your circus!

No comments:

Post a Comment