Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Back in Texas for a few weeks

After four days of traveling, I’m safely back in Texas once again! It was a good trip; just really long. I had a bit more hassle than usual in Dubai; I guess new travel regulations have been coming down the pipeline. I got to sleep, shower, and swim at the hotel there before getting on my longest flight. I stayed awake till a decent hour Monday night before collapsing into bed. I’m a bit tired this afternoon, but hopefully I’ll be fully on schedule in a day or so more. Plus, I got waaaay too little sleep the last week at school.

I’ll be picking up my leased car this week and having a podiatrist appointment next week. I need a massage as well, but I’ll have to see if I can fit that in before the wedding. All the stress and lack of sleep the last week and half have made both my shoulder and my tendonitis flare up more than normal. I’m also going to try to start scouting out some things like apartment and car prices for next spring.

The Wednesday before I left was our camping/outdoors themed birthday party.

Most of that day was a whirl of getting my substitute prepared and working in my classroom, but I did get to enjoy the pig that slow roasted for about 24 hours in this clever pit,

and sit outside for a bit enjoying the bonfire.

Prayers for my podiatrist’s appointment, for my students and substitute as they finish up the last two weeks of term, and for all the details of my sister’s wedding and accompanying festivities appreciated would be appreciated. It’s going to be busy, but boy is it good to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment