Monday, October 8, 2018

Second to last Half-Term

I have been pretty insanely busy (I know, what's new?) these last two weeks, but I wanted to update before things got too behind! Friday and Saturday last week were the first half-term, my second to last one, and this is what I did:

* Early morning swim down at the dam with the seniors--lots of joyous/cold noise, and hot chocolate as a reward at the end

* 6+ hours extracting homework from students. I told them it would happen if they continued to not get caught up...

* Auditions for the end of term program

* Ruthie and I organized a nature scavenger hunt for the 3-6th grade girls down at the river. While we were down there, the headmaster came down with the grade 1's who were his 'helpers' as he got the grill set up for later. So cute! They rode around with him that morning and sang as they went.

* The headmaster's wife who is filling in for the cook organized hamburgers for Saturday lunch--what a treat! It was fun to grill down at the river, and we all enjoyed the change of pace.

* I got some much needed sleep and quiet time over my weekend off while I also planned and marked. Time goes by so fast!

The big news for this week is that I'm out of the boot, and just back to the brace and insoles. I have been walking carefully the last few days, but so far haven't had an issues or return of pain. Praise the Lord! Hopefully after 4 weeks I'll be able to just use the insoles. It's been a long, painful journey, and I am so encouraged to be almost done!

Parting shot: I finally had my camera on hand when I walked past one of these cool tunnel webs. I'm constantly amazed at the variety God created in the insect world!

No comments:

Post a Comment