Thursday, November 19, 2009

Praise the Lord!

I got the receipt for my paperwork for my work permit today--one more step in my journey! I'm in the process of getting a police clearance certificate to take with me to prove that I'm not a criminal, and hopefully my paperwork should be mostly taken care of now!.

It occurred to me that it might be a good idea of post some pictures of Zambia so you can have an idea of the corner of the world I'm going to find myself in on January 2nd.

This is a picture of the Zambian flag superimposed over the outline of the country. The bird is the national bird of Zambia, a fish eagle.
Photobucket

Zambia has 9 provinces--I'll be calling the North-West province home.
Photobucket

Getting to Sakeji is quite a trip--it will take me four days from Nashville (where I'm flying out of) to Lusaka.
Photobucket
The first leg of the trip is from the states to London--in this case I'm leaving from Nashville instead of Dallas because of the family reunion this Christmas. I'll have a few hours lay-over in London, and then I'll catch an overnight flight to Lusaka which will have me arriving early in the morning on January 2nd. From there, it is a day's trip to the Copperbelt--we will probably stay in either Kitwe or Chingola, and then another day's trip up to Sakeji.

I'll try to post some pictures of what things will look like this weekend--until then have a blessed week!

1 comment: