Friday, November 13, 2009

Several Things...

First of all, I had my final observation today, and it went really well! My second graders (mostly) behaved, I showed great improvement in my classroom management(thank goodness!), and now all I have to do is make it two more weeks and I'm certified to teach!

Secondly, I bought my plane ticket tonight. This was a big step of faith--I'm still waiting to see how the Lord will provide for everything. While this is a difficult place to be, on the other hand I rejoice that if and when I make it out to Zambia it will be all of the Lord's doing and by His hand and none of mine!

Thirdly, I am in the process of getting an account with CMML, the mission organization I am going out under. CMML is not a traditional sending board, but a service organization. Among other things they provide a central place that people can send money for missionaries to and then issue checks to the missionaries. This will be a great help to me and cut down on a lot of headaches!

Fourthly, I now have my lugage as well. These three 'suitcases' are going to hold my home in just about a month and a half:
Photobucket
I'm starting the sorting/trashing/packing process in my 'spare' time--its a little overwhelming! This is such a big change that I can't even process it, but I'm praying for wisdom and peace as I continue to walk in obedience with my call.

Thank you so much for all your prayers and encouraging words--they mean the world to me. May God bless you richly wherever you are, and have a wonderful fall!
Photobucket
Its amazing how one's perspective changes when this is the size that home is...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lina, I don't know you, but I taught your Mom in 1969 at Sakeji when I was there for one term. I went to Zambia in 1959 and have worked at Chavuma for all but the few months I was at Sakeji. I would just like to testify to you that in 50 years as a missionary, I have trusted the Lord to provide for me. He has never let me down. I have never asked anyone for anything in all those years, yet He has met all my needs (not all my 'wants'). There have been times when it seemed that I wasn't going to have what was needed...and the funds had run out. That situation is great for your prayer life! It is so good to hear that you will be serving the Lord at Sakeji. I hope to meet you sometime. Love and prayers, Alice White

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Lina! God is so good! I'm trying to cut down on stuff too, in anticipation of a possible move this coming spring, but cutting down to two bins and a backpack would be rough!

    ReplyDelete