Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Sports Day Snippets

Just a few details about Sports Day 2011 at Sakeji Mission School.

*I was the scorer, so I had my tent and everything out on the field as well as my laptop to punch the scores into a spreadsheet. Are we getting posh or what!

*This was the first Sports Day with our new house system--Fisher, the house I'm a part of placed highest overall, and won the track events. Poole won the field events. Hoyte and Molyneux both did a good job as well.

*I'm going to need to buy a yellow shirt as that is Fisher's color. I tried painting my nails yellow, but it was such an awful color that I had to take it off as soon as I was home for the day. There is only so much I'm willing to do to support my house!

*Being outside in the open air all day is very tiring; I slept like a log!

*We had a couple of minor injuries, and one girl who strained her knee petty good while high jumping. The irony is that we have more injuries on the high jump now that we have a crash mat than we did before when they had to fall into a sand pit.

*I've never heard such a quiet supper before--we should (almost) do this more often.

*Go Fisher!

1 comment: