Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Safely Home Again

After getting up at 4:15am to catch my 5:30 flight, I eventually made it safely back to Texas, and then safely back to Longview. My mom and youngest sister came to pick me up from the airport, and we may have made a detour or two into a yarn store and a kitchen gadget store on the way home! The rest of the day was spent sorting out the mail and packages that had come while I was gone and helping get some things done around the house.

I must admit that I'm a little overwhelmed thinking about all that needs get done before I leave to return to Sakeji in just over a week. I have my transport up to the school arranged--I was able to get a great deal on a ticket to Solwezi on a domestic airline, and Jill and Bethany will be coming down to pick me up. Prayer for me as I make packing and shipping decisions, try to see all the people I want to see one last time before I leave, and make decisions my final purchase to take back with me. The five months have flown by as I thought they would, and now I need to start planning for my new school term. It's a good thing I have the Lord's strength to do all this in!

1 comment: