Monday, June 6, 2016

There was a half-term, lots of marking, and some much needed sleep

In brief, here are a few highlights of the last week.

* Friday and Saturday were half-term, so I did early morning swim (very, VERY cold!), marked a lot, chased some kids for extra math help, and supervised down at the pool.

* Because it was my weekend off, I finally got a good nap on Saturday and Sunday, and I decided that Saturday afternoon and evening were a 'no mark' zone. Best decision I've made in awhile.

* I got the telescope out again and showed some short-termers Jupiter, Saturn, and Mars. Further attempts to photograph them through the telescope will continue.

* One of our staff families is heading out for a furlough that will last till the start of next year on Thursday this week, so they are trying to get everything wrapped up and sorted before they go.

* This week is our 6th week of school, so I will be working on mid-term marks, giving and grading more tests, and communicating with parents about how their kids are doing.

Well, that about sums up what is going on in my life right now. I'm wrapping up astronomy and poetry, and trying to the fractions units in math wrapped up. I'm loving the new screen and projector in my classroom, and I'm trying to save some rose cutting that the gardener flooded. Never a dull moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment