Monday, October 15, 2012

Chicken Pox Epidemic

So, we are well into a large-scale chicken pox outbreak up here, and there are several kids sporting startling patches of white or pink anti-itch cream. I'm glad (mostly!) that my kids have mostly had chicken pox already, and that I don't have anyone out of class. Most of the kids have had mild to middling cases, but a few are feeling really under the weather. Again, we are hoping and praying that baby Levi manages to pass on this round until he's a bit older and better able to fight off the disease.

Half term went well, and no one was injured, lost, or eaten by lions, so we're thankful! I got a bit of rest as well as having a chance to catch up on some work, so it was good. There were some huge storms during half term as well, but no bad damage was done.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic This little grade 1 boy was so cute--he stayed up in that tree for over half an hour. It was his airplane, his car, and then his bed. And no, you can't have him!

1 comment:

  1. He sure is a cute Tike..reminds me of my oldest son. He was built like that..That has to be hard for such a small boy to be away from his family for such a long time. I couldn't make it when I was a 6th grader & was to stay overnight at a cousins house. Nothing like home & Mother! Have a good wk. Love gw

    ReplyDelete