Monday, October 1, 2012

Prayer request

Well, the 5th grader that came to school with chicken pox was apparently contagious, so we have at least three other cases at the moment, and we're just waiting to see how many kids end up with it. A concern is baby Levi who is not even 6 months old yet; Gwen is keeping him mostly at home to try and keep him from getting it.

It seems that the lion has moved on, so that is a relief. I didn't think it would be that interested in the school with a whole game farm to eat from, but you never know! At the very least it was a vivid reminder that yes, I am in Africa!

We've had a lot of rain this weekend--such a blessing! The river is rising, which means that our hydro power situation is improving. As much fun as candlelight is, not having power makes some aspects of teaching and staying in touch with the folks back home rather difficult. I also got to break in my new raincoat--I've always wanted one, and now I get strut my stuff in a bright yellow coat with "Security" on the back. It's the little things in life...

1 comment:

  1. Dear Lina: I can just see you in your bright yellow rain coat! Made me smile. As my niece Sandy says, it doesn't take much to entertain us..Ha A lovely day here & the fall colors were really great as I drove up to Michigan today to see the families of my Sister & Brother. Sun shone brightly & was beautiful Fall weather. Soon it will be cold here, so enjoy it while we can. Have a good wk. Have you had the Chicken Pox ??? Hugs gw

    ReplyDelete