Sunday, September 8, 2013

In brief

I plan to write my next newsletter once the kids get back to school on Wednesday of this week, but I just wanted to say that we have had our teacher and staff meetings, I am deep in planning out my semester, and that things are starting to come together for third term. Our three short termers arrived safely as well as all the staff members who were away on furlough. The truck with the bulk of our container boxes on it arrived safely on Friday, and I had fun unpacking my three boxes. Especially fun was the box of books I had ordered for my classroom--there were some surprises in there, but I was really excited to find that what I needed for this term had arrived on time!

I am quite over my bit of jet lag, and now my body is trying to get adjusted to the massive altitude change. Being at 4,600 feet means that walking uphill, quickly, or carrying things leaves me gasping, but I hope to take some walks on the airstrip to help with that. Tomorrow I'll be getting my classroom all set up so that I can enjoy planning from my house on Tuesday. I love these quiet days when I have time to work on little projects, take care of my house, and cook my own meals. However, I'm also excited to see my students again!

Right now the hall is still roofless, but as the last of the sheets have finally come in we are hoping that this renovation project will be finished in a timely (and before the rains arrive!) manner. I can't wait to see the finished product, and look forward to using the nicer space. It has been a big project, but it will be worth it as we use the hall daily and it is a focal point of our end of terms.

No comments:

Post a Comment