Saturday, June 21, 2014

We blew a water tank!

Last night was very windy (and COLD), and about 10:30 one of our water tanks which was partially full couldn't take the strain anymore and exploded.

As you can see, about 1/3 of the tank is on the tower, and the rest is in a mangled mess on the ground.

In other news from this week, I had yet another attempted termite invasion in my dining room, and they had to be chiseled out with a trowel and unceremoniously dumped outside. I worry sometimes about what lurks under my floors...

Today is the winter solstice, and it was in the upper 40's when I headed to the dining hall this morning. I know, I know, that isn't anything, but when you are acclimatized to Zambia it is! It's so wonderful to be able to use my handknits this time of year; sometimes I feel rather silly about adoring wool and living in an almost tropical climate!

No comments:

Post a Comment