Friday, January 17, 2014

Construction

This week the school embarked on a new construction project--the renovation of the Main Sitting Room. For many years this room has been a hub of activity at Sakeji, and for many years its inadequate foundation has been sinking, and the walls have been developing some alarming cracks. As a part of solving the foundation problem the room is going to be extended about two feet, and the old nasty attic is going to be removed. It will be interesting to see how things progress. Right now it just looks like a mud hole!

My classroom is looking cheerful this week now that my students have their New Years mobiles finished. I'm always amazed by their creativity, and how different each child really is.

It's been a pretty good week in my classroom; I'm getting to know my new 6th graders, and working on setting up some good habits. I always forget how hard first term is--after third term where the kids were much closer to my goals for them, it's a bit of a shock to deal all these issues that I haven't had to worry about for a few months! Thankfully, God gives more grace.

2 comments:

  1. I'm very excited to see how the Main Sitting Room will progress! :D Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to believe these kids are in grade 6 now! Time sure does fly!

    ReplyDelete