Tuesday, March 29, 2016

A quiet Easter

The last of the students flew out Good Friday morning due to adverse weather conditions on Thursday, and now the station is blessedly quiet. That Friday I went in to Ikelenge with Jill to pick up some veggies, and I was able to get another of the bigger tins of powdered milk and some apples. Apples, in Ikelenge! Coming up in the world…

It was a quiet weekend, but that was what I needed. Friday I made a small batch of hot crossed buns, one of my families most cherished Easter traditions. On Saturday I vacuumed and moped my house which sorely needed it, and did the first of the many loads of laundry that had built up. Sunday I went to Hillwood with the other single ladies on station, and I made a lemon meringue pie for evening fellowship as the most ‘springy’ thing I had the ingredients for. I find Easter one of the most difficult holidays to be over here in, and I couldn’t help but remember the heart ache of last Easter. However, God is good, and He is risen!

I don’t have any big plans for the holiday beyond sleeping, cleaning, reading, cooking, knitting, working through some professional development, and doing some odd jobs to prepare for next term. There are so many little jobs that get pushed to the back burner during the rush of teaching, and it’s therapeutic to get a few things knocked off the to-do list. My house needs a deep clean, I have a stack of books and a slew of knitting projects, and I’ve already started on the all important catching up on sleep! So, it will be a quiet April, but that suits me just fine. Times of rest are so vital when you work all out for three months!

No comments:

Post a Comment