Wednesday, July 3, 2013

A new favorite word

There have been some things going on in my life recently that are not fun, to put it gently, but last night as I was facing having to return to a situation that had been horrible the night before, God put a verse and a word in my mind that I've been mulling over a lot since. The word, is sufficient. The verse, was 2 Corinthians 12:9a, "And He has said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is perfected in weakness.”

No matter what my situation, His grace is sufficient for me. It is enough, it is all I need, it fills my aches and sees my tears. His grace covers my failings, the people around me's failings, and the final straws that almost break my spirit. His grace is sufficient for me and I all too often forget that. So, last night I wrote the word "sufficient" on my hand as I 'girded up my loins' to do battle with my situation. And you know what? Things were a lot better. Not perfect, but His grace saw me through. Thank you Lord for being enough for me--help me to remember that more often when I am in the midst of trials and frustrations.

"Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast [c]about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ’s sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong."

1 comment:

  1. Thank God for His constant reminders!!!! I'm praying for you!!!

    ReplyDelete